Awake For Freedom's Sake - Digital Book
Leonard E. Read
This professionally prepared ebook is an electronic edition of the book that is designed for reading on digital readers like Nook, Kindle, iPad, Sony Reader, and other products including iPhone and Android smart phones. The text re-flows depending on your font preferences and it contains links from navigation.
“Progression or advancement never graces anyone who succumbs to the notion that he has arrived—“has it made,” as we say. This mortal moment, if seen aright, is featured by growth in awareness, perception consciousness, day in and day out. To act otherwise is to write one’s own death sentence-life’s high purpose abandoned. It is well to remember that “tall oaks from little acorns grow,” and that emerging, evolving man spawns from “ye that dwell in dust.” Let each of us confess that this is our dwelling. To “awake and sing” is the appropriate ambition!”
1. AWAKE FOR FREEDOM’S SAKE
2. OPPORTUNITIES UNLIMITED
3. AN AMERICAN MIRAGE
4. ERUPTIONS OF TRUTH
5. WAR AND PEACE
7. ON SUBSIDIES AND REGULATIONS
8. ATTUNED TO FREEDOM
9. WEEDING ONE’S GARDEN
10. DEAR ME:
11. REFORMERS: VICTIMS OF VANITY?
12. AYES VERSUS I’S
13. HEADS UP
14. TOO RARE FOR THE WINGS OF WORDS?
15. LIFE’S ACHIEVEMENT: INNER OR OUTER DIRECTED?
16. TO MAKE GOOD IDEAS MORE WELCOME
17. EVANGELISM: TO BE SOLD OR SHARED?
18. IF YOU CAN’T LICK ’EM, JINE ’EM
19. THOUGHTS: FOUNTAIN OF OUR DESTINY
20. EVOLVE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE
21. FREEDOM: A YOUTHFUL ADVENTURE
22. THE COURAGE TO STAND ALONE
23. EMPHASIZE THE POSITIVE
24. THROUGH DARKNESS TO LIGHT
25. THE MYSTERY OF ATTRACTION
26. IT’S HOW WE USE OUR LIBERTY
27. A WORD FROM THE WISE